||: SENIOR PROCESS ENGINEER
||: Saudi Arabia
||: Aug 13, 2012
|Job Details :
Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Provide technical supervision to Area Process Engineers and support them in performing their assigned duties and responsibilities.
2. Work with other concerned personnel and Business Teams within the designated area of assignment to provide ongoing technical advice, guidelines and instructions on all process aspects.
3. Follow-up on Jubail Export Refinery (JER) budget, yields and throughputs and submit regular reports to the Superintendent Process Engineering with recommendations for improvement.
4. Plan, execute and evaluate test-runs for new or existing installations and ensure that appropriate corrective engineering actions for possible design errors are implemented.
5. Assist in the start-up of new units, shutdowns and process inspections.
6. Provide technical advice on new projects/installations analyses, such as hazops, Process Flow Diagram (PFDs), Piping and Instrumentation Diagram (PIDs), safety assessment, and management of change.
7. Formulate technical specifications for chemicals and catalysts; select and re-evaluate products in cooperation with the Material and Services Procurement Division and Technical Studies Division.
8. Work with the Technical Studies Division on the identification of scope of work for new projects, the development of feasibility studies, the preparation of Technology Readiness Assessment (TRA) and “TRA Top -100 list”, and setting improvement priorities.
9. Work as part of the Business Teams to support improvement projects and present improvement priorities.
10. Keep current with new Process Engineering methods and technologies and participate in regional and international conferences and exhibitions concerning process engineering and optimization activities.
11. Follow-up on the Production Units and provide feedback to involved personnel regarding the capacity, yield and efficiency improvements. Ensure that all control and optimization activities are implemented in an effective manner.
12. Participate actively in testing and inspection activities as well as shutdown preparation and execution and address all process engineering issues. Provide technical feedback to the Planning and scheduling teams to establish the daily instructions, the monthly programs, and the yearly budget.
13. Review and evaluate new process design studies prepared by external engineering companies, validate process engineering related modifications, and ensure that process operating windows adjustments are implemented accordingly.
14. Participate actively in troubleshooting activities, research and develop solutions to accommodate critical troubleshot problems and provide feedback and advice to the Maintenance Team.
15. Work with the Performance Control Team on monitoring and evaluating the accuracy of the Refinery Liner Programming Model to ensure accurate yields predictions and utilities consumptions of the designated unit.
16. Review and comment on the Process Engineering services contracts’ progress reports and ensure that all pending issues or problems are resolved in coordination with all concerned parties.
17. Contribute to Catalyst Management processes and chemicals and materials follow-up, through adjusting guidelines for catalysts and materials cycles management; following-up and reporting on the cycle; monitoring catalysts, materials and chemicals inventories; liaising with the Material and Services Procurement Division with regards to purchasing new catalyst (or regeneration)/ materials and chemicals.
18. Perform other related duties as assigned by the Superintendent Process Engineering.